The OKC Tennis Center has recently assembled a new team of top-level USPTA Teaching Professionals to run OKC Elite. We are proud to announce that we have the most experienced group of coaches in all of Oklahoma City. Together, OKC Elite has compiled a total of 41 National Titles, 250 Missouri Valley Titles, and countless state championships.
The program is designed for the junior player who aspires to take his or her tennis career beyond the level of recreation. Players are required to commit to extensive training standards and highly structured drill formats year round. Coaches stress the importance of player's attendance, effort, and attitude in order for success. At the top levels, OKC Elite players understand the tournament system and are frequently traveling to compete in USTA events.
Starting as early as 5 years old, players are taken through our development program where we instill our core values and follow the USTA guides for youth progression. Similar to other youth sports such as T-ball and soccer, USTA uses different levels of balls, rackets, and courts which allows juniors to learn the fundamentals while also playing in a fun environment. The OKC Tennis Center is one of the few facilities in the region that offers all youth sized courts.
Elite Tennis Academy Dates and Cost for Oct 2022 - Mar 2023
Click here to register! For more information, call 405-946-2739.
- Must have a UTR of 5 or higher to enter this class
- This class covers everything needed to be a high level tournament player: volleys, overheads, forehands, backhands, grips, and spins. The Elite group will use more "live" ball play with point play and strategy.
- This player should be entering USTA Oklahoma, Sectional, and National level tournaments.
- Ages 12 and up.
- This class uses a yellow regular ball on a full size 78ft court.
- This class covers everything needed to be a tournament player: volleys, overheads, forehands, backhands, different grips, spins, point play, and strategy.
- This player should be entering USTA Oklahoma tournaments.
- Ages 10-12
- This class uses a green dot ball on a full size 78ft court.
- This class continues the development of the player with all the basics and point play. This player should be playing or getting prepared to play Challenger U12 Green Tournaments
- Slightly advanced Orange Ball class for ages 8-10. This class uses an orange ball on a smaller 60ft court.
- This class is for an intermediate to advanced orange ball player who is starting to play USTA 10 and Under Smasher tournaments. This class will focus on more rallying and point play.
- Ages 8-10
- This class uses an orange ball on a smaller 60ft court.
- This class builds on what was learned in the Red Ball class and goes more in depth on volleys, serves, and point play. This Class is for the beginner Orange ball player and the goal is to transition to Orange Elite.
- Ages 5-8
- This class uses a 36ft court and a larger, low compression ball to make the game easier.
- This class introduces the game in a fun environment starting with basic grips, forehands, backhands, and tracking the ball skills.